Are you being abused? Adult Quiz
Your answers to these questions – just for you alone — will help you determine if you’re being abused…
- Are you afraid to disagree with your partner?
- Does your partner humiliate you or criticize you in front of other people?
- Does your partner often check up on you or ask you where you’ve been?
- Does your partner act jealous or wrongly accuse you of flirting?
- Does your partner blame you for the way he/she treats you?
- Does your partner make it hard for you to see friends or family?
- Does your partner make you feel you’re always wrong or a little crazy?
- Has your partner ever threatened to hurt you, your children or pets?
- Has he/she ever followed through?
- Has your partner threatened suicide if you leave?
- Does your partner blame drinking, drugs, a bad childhood, or stress for abusive behavior? Try to pass it off as not a big deal?
If you said yes one, two, three or more times, you can be pretty sure that your partner is trying to control you with hurtful, destructive behavior. If so, we hope you’ll call our hotline at 1 (800) 315-5579. It’s always free and confidential…and there are many ways we can help.